Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getting Some (Beautiful) Perspective

I'm drinking my venti iced with soy, I just threw two (heaping) loads of laundry in and I'm sitting by my window at my desk.  There is a strong breeze blowing my hair into my face, and it's delightful.  If I closed my eyes, it could almost feel like I'm on a hammock some where glorious. 

It's a warm sunny day, and I'm sure once my laundry is done I'll be itching to get out and about...maybe even for a run.

Despite my post yesterday, I'm feeling particularly thankful today.  Sometimes I wonder why certain days just hit you wrong, and certain days hit you right...maybe it's the breeze.

My good friend beat me to the punch in his awesome blog (follow him!), but last night after I posted about the job, I happened upon photos of the day by Nat Geo...I can't help but feel that maybe this has been a helpful to give me a bit of perspective.

These photos that readers submit from all over the world are awe inspiring and can serve as a reminder about what we need to save by being earth friendly, as well as the fact that the world keeps spinning despite our day to day woes.  I think this is actually comforting. 

I wanted to share with you (they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...so Something's Brewing, I hope you don't mind!).

Anyway, flip through a bunch of the pictures, you won't regret it...posted are some of my favorites from the last 1-2 months.


Until next time,
E

Ps. The photos can be found and downloaded by clicking on the picture, they are linked to Nat Geo's site. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment