Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

allergies and more crap tv

There is pollen everywhere.  There is a film of yellow/green on my car, on the sill outside my window, and apparently coating my throat and lungs.

Today my head feels like a bowling ball and I feel blehh (AKA super sexy).  I did some of my "to-do's" and followed up on a job lead I'm excited about to at least feel moderately productive...but I'm feeling bummed and bored on my second day of freedom

Hopefully I'll feel good enough to at least be able to enjoy going out tonight for our program graduation dinner, and that I'll feel good enough for a run tomorrow.

With all the annoyances of allergies, I can't totally write off pollen.  We need pollen to bring us things like flowers and plants, honey (I'm all about honey) and today feeling sick gave me the excuse to lay around and watch some crap TV.  

I'm embarrassed to admit it, so clearly I will, I got sucked into a marathon of the show Made.  I'm passing it off as research into the age group that I'll likely work with (adolescents/ young adults).

I'm not sure why I like the concept of the jock turning ballroom dancer, and bully turning beauty queen, but I do.  Maybe because we have all thought, at some point that, we'd like to be different than we are.  MTV tries to make the moral of the story that there are many things we can do if we are open to try them...and while this can be true it also further shows that people are good at making asses of themselves on national TV.

I wonder what I would want to be "made into" if I were on that show?  Maybe a skateboarder, salsa dancer or a rapper.

Yikes, good thing I'm too old to be on it.  Looks like I'll stick with whatever it is that I am, allergies and all.


Until next time <<achu!>>,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment