Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Friday, January 6, 2012

happy blogiversary to E


Blogiversary: (noun): when you should probably start to think about having other hobbies.

Oh well. 

It seems very fitting that for my one year Blogiversary I have writer's block.  Even when I went back and read all 84 posts thus far (yes, I actually did that on one of my sick days this week), I still couldn't really think of what I wanted to write about today.

How do you follow that last post, really anyway?

Do people even celebrate blogiversaries? 

Is it as socially awkward as like, celebrating one's role-playing avitar's birthday? 

Or is it more endearing, but still kind of ridiculous, like buying your pets birthday presents and baking a pet food cake? 





Speaking of.  Let me take this opportunity today to wish a Happy 14th birthday to my pup, Mocha Bear!  

We are pretty sure it's your actual birthday today, but we forgot the exact day it was years ago...I love you, you old lady, you!

Maybe I should have written the whole post about my old dog.  Too much? I know what you're thinking...Howwwww is this chick single?

I digress. 

I mock myself, but I'm proud of fact that I've maintained this blog and I think I at least wrote a few pretty good posts.


Either way I have to write something to mark this blogcasion.

Something! Anything! Even if it's not one of my most timely, or funniest, most moving, or relatable (is that a word? looks funny), or nostalgic, or even it not being mine at all.   

So what can I write about?  

I thought about...
  • identifying other good things about the number 1 (feeling empowered after a one night stand (actually this is a whole post worthy idea...damn double standards), the number has not much to lose but much to gain, it's the first prime number, #1 means you're #winning...I could go on and on)
  • summing up the last year of blogging (umm...there are 84 posts...lots to sum up. I graduated from Grad School, got two jobs, had to move home, had some interesting dating experiences, still single, overall happy though sometimes it was tough, and I don't transition well when my plans go to shit...but I'm working on it)
  • talking about how much can happen in someone's life in a year (people in/out of relationships, engagements/marriages, different jobs, loss, new beginnings, lots changing, not much changing)
  • exploring how different things are now for me than when I started (different living situation, working vs. in school, a year older and wiser...)
  • setting intentions for the next year of blogging (keep working on the quality/frequency, get more guest entries, maybe make a website, maybe stop blogging, maybe write a book instead?)
  • asking for suggestions for topics for the next year (do you have suggestions?)
etc

etc

etc

None of them really warrant more than a line or two in this post.  Nothing seems fitting to follow a year of me pouring parts of myself onto the virtual pages of this blog...

Hmph.  

...except one thing. 



To thank you.

Thank you to those of you who read one post.

Thank you to those of you who read every post.

Thank you to those of you who read a not-so-great post, and came back.

Thank you for being patient with typos, poor grammar, and my stream of quasi-consciousness writing style.

Thank you to those of you who commented either here, on Facebook or in private to me. Continue to comment please, feedback is super helpful and keeps me motivated!

Thank you for the people who reached out to thank ME. 

Thank you to the people who tell me "Hey! I read your blog!" I might get embarrassed sometimes, but, really...thank you.

Thank you to those of you who allowed me to take up your time either at home, on your phone, at work (no...you're welcome on that one), etc.

Thank you to those of you who shared a post with someone else.

Thank you Connor Mead and future guest bloggers.

Thank you to those lawyer guys, online dating guys, exes, flings, random dudes...you got me some nice food, some nice drinks, some good times and some good material.

Thank you mom for bearing with me through the posts that you probably shouldn't have read.

Thanks to the people in my life for not rolling your eyes every time I said "I should write a post about that!".

Thanks to the people in my life who say "You should write a post about that!".

Thank you to my friends for still asking me how I'm doing or how my date went even though it ended up on my blog before we got a chance to catch up (or maybe you should read it more frequently...) but either way, I love you guys.

Thank you to the cosmos for letting things ultimately fall into place.

Thanks for joining me at the start of a new year.



Yeah.  That just happened.  I just blogiversaried all over you...sorry.

It's amazing how much I can actually write with writer's block.  I may have a rambling problem.

Until next time...because you know there will be a next time,
E

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I love this, as it's a way to know what's going on in your life when I'm so far away from Beantown.

    Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

    ReplyDelete