Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Know Famous People: Musician: Vanessa Kafka

I know famous people.

This is something I'll be able to say at some point...I just know it.

I've been wanting to write about my friends who will be super successful and "famous" as we age and become more like experts in our skills and whatnot...and this was a good time to start.

Vanessa Kafka
I know a lot of very talented and driven people in many different fields and interests...I think it will be pretty amazing to see people become hugely successful (or even famous) in their writing, design, clinical work, beer brewing, and music, just to name a few.

Speaking of music.

You all know I love me some good music...other than dating it's one of the more common things I write about here.

"I knew Vanessa Kafka, way back when, when she wasn't totally famous yet"...

I have a very dear friend of mine (if you know her, you love her, if you don't trust me you would) who is working on her next musical project.  Vanessa Kafka (check out her website, listen to her music from her last album) is a singer songwriter who hails from Connecticut who has a voice like a combination of Jesus and Fergie.  No I'm kidding, but thank you Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly (not my friends, yet) for the line.

In all honesty she is fabulous.  One time I was at her apartment and she was recording one of her songs for a friend of hers.  She was getting married and Vanessa couldn't make it, so she sang her favorite song and dedicated it to her.  Since I was there, Vanessa put me to work on the camera, and I no lie, had goosebumps the whole time.  It was beautiful.

Vanessa not only is beautiful, sounds beautiful, but she's also supah smaht.  Like, really.  She's finishing up her MBA at one of the country's best institutions and will be wildly successful in business I'm sure in addition to music (or somehow combining both).  
Sam Kornstein

Her band is made up of several very cool folks, some of which I don't have the pleasure of knowing yet, and one of which I've known for a very long time, Sam Kornstein.  Sam is also multifaceted...he also is finishing up his MBA (with V as I call her), and brews some beer...and takes amazing photos...and other stuff...check out all he writes about.

So I have no question that with the mix of the wit, smarts, talent, creativity, and beer, that they will go very far with these endeavors...especially the music.

Check out this clip on why I'm talking about Vanessa today!


So, they are currently fundraising for their next project and are asking people to make donations to help kickstart their album.  Their goal is $7,500 and every donation of $10 or more gets free access to the album and as the denominations grow, the prizes/goodies become better and better.

They need to reach the goal by March 13, 2012.  There are only 2 weeks left!

IF THEY DON'T REACH $7,500 IT WILL NOT BE PRODUCED.  This is all or nothing folks.  They are just around 50% there, and they need our help!

SO, since I rarely ask you to do anything, other than think about yourself introspectively, or to comment on things...I want to ask you to check out Vanessa, check out their mission, and donate on Kickstarter!

You'll be glad to say "I knew of Vanessa Kafka, before she was famous".


Until next time,
E

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff - donated! Still owe you some writing...nag me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the same famous person. Vanessa is a very talented girl!

    ReplyDelete