Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Penny for my thoughts

I'm not a fan of change.  You know, the kind that jingles in your pocket.  

It weighs more than it's worth unless of course you're a homeless person, staving off a meter maid or need to use a laundry machine.  Then it's fundamental.

I was going to do laundry tonight, but my quarter jar, is on empty.  I have 6 quarters left which is just enough to get one small load wet/washed and then draped around my apartment to dry (or freeze since it feels like -47 degrees right now). So I opted to wait until I can get more quarters. I have enough clean underwear to last me another week if I needed (c'mon you know that's how you gauge it's laundry time, too).

I'm not sure how I managed to get low on quarters - I rarely pay with change, and always seem to be aquiring more.  

The worst is when I don't have enough for "exact change" and then have to throw in another dollar and get more change back, for my morning coffee.  Too early, too not caffeinated for change.  So the thing I often find myself annoyed by for having not the correct amount or when I trade paper money for it, is exactly what I needed tonight.

I'm realizing that there are things in our lives that are frustrating and weight heavy on us, that we often rely on.  Quarters are just one of those things on that list.  

But seriously.  What is the penny all about at this point, anyway?  I think ultimately the only thing it does is make your hands smell like copper, end up in the corner of your bedroom or end up going through a Press a Penny machine that defaces it to make a souvenir token (ps. shouldn't that be illegal if we're taking the penny seriously?).

Until next time,

E
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment