Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Transitioning to flip-flops

So every year, I get very excited to bust out my painted toenails and wear open toed shoes, cute flats, sandals, flip-flops (or thongs to my overseas readers) and back in the days of childhood, jellies.

With this excitement on the first really warmish day (like today) I decide to wear my favorite sandals from the last sunny season.  The issue with this is my feet have been protected in socks, and thick wool socks at that, from the pains of straps and shoes cutting into various places on my feet (or between my toes).  Ouch. 

Not only was I eager to wear these flip-flops, but I also decided I’d like to go for a really long walk to do errands and end up at my favorite coffee shop in my old stomping grounds.  Here I am, I still have to walk to get home and my feet are asking me why I didn't slowly transition to flip-flops.  You know, those short running to the 7/11 on the corner type of trips.

So heed the warning.  Work your way up to marathon-like walking events in strappy, flippy, really cute shoes.  

Ah well, I can’t really complain, I’ll take some pain for this beautiful weather.  Bring on the springtime…I'll take it over a really long winter and the trials and tribulations I have with boots.

And after all, at least I have shoes, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Until next time,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment