Welcome! New here? Check out the "About me" and "Popular Posts" tabs to catch up to speed.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Jewyear!

Sundown tonight marks the begining of Rosh Hashannah, which is the beginning of a two-day new year celebration. Next week is my favorite holiday, Yom Kippur (the one we fast all day and cleanse of our wrong doings of the last year) which concludes the new year welcome party.


Yep, just over a week long transition into the new year (we don't do holidays and celebrations quickly...8 nights of Channukah for instance, or try and leave a Jewish family dinner without saying bye at least 2 times to everyone).


I've talked about how resolutions are essentially a bunch of bunk once old habits set in, but either way I've been working pretty hard on myself since the beginning of Jan 2011.  Now while I've been doing all the right things like therapy, running, yoga, putting myself out there dating-wise while being respectable (ie, not sleeping around, etc etc I'm still feeling like my "big break" hasn't come yet.


Unfortunately this week, and for the last probably 6-8 weeks I've been feeling particularly disapointed and frustrated about where my life is in terms of living, working and relationships


I thought of myself as very lucky for a long time, so I'm hoping that this is all just prepping me for a slew of luck that is headed my way (my horoscope today says my luck is changing...I sure hope so!).


Things aren't ALL bad.  Obviously I'm thankful for my health, my amazing and supportive family and my truly wonderful friends.   So there is a lot to celebrate, despite my sullen mood.  I'll be seeing family this weekend to celebrate the new year, and hopefully seeing them will be the grounding I need and the reminder of all the things that I'm thankful for, despite having things I need and want to change.


Just wanted to quickly post and set my intention out there (Secret, anyone?)...that tonght is the beginning of a new year, a beginning of things that I'll be happy with and appreciate, and a beginning of opportunities that I couldn't anticipate in some darker days.


Dip your apples in honey folks, and let this be a sweet year. L'shana tova!


Until next time,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment